This is the gateway to the island of Funen, linked to Jutland by two bridges.
There is plenty to see and do in Middelfart. If you enjoy outdoor activities there are stunning coastline walks with the woodlands running down to the sea, a myriad of cycle paths, golf, water sports, and boat trips for fishing and whale watching.
Middelfart’s high street is pedestrianized and has a wide selection of shops and restaurants, and runs parallel with the harbour front where there is also a cinema.
Other activities in Middelfart include ten pin bowling and football golf.
- Odense City Center: km 36 min.
The city of Odense offers good shopping, restaurants and cafes, theatres, museums and a zoo. It is the birthplace of Hans Christian Andersen and you can visit his home, which is now a museum in the quaint old quarter of the city.
- Madsby Playpark: Mini zoo with many fun activities.
- Fredericia svømmehal: Pool, spa og wellness.
- H.C. Andersens House: 45,4 km, 41 min. Birthplace of the popular Danish Author.
- The Funen Village: 46,4 km, 30 min.
Near Odense this is a working museum where you can experience farming life on Funen during the 1800’s.
- Fredericia: 10 km, 11.
Fredericia is a large town surrounded by a moat! There is a swimmingpool with tropical water world and wellness centre and Madsby Legepark a lovely park.
- Kolding City Center: 26,3 km 22 min.
A pleasant town with many interesting shops.
- Koldinghus: 26,3 km, 22 min. Worked as a border between Slesvig and Denmark in the 12th century. Was used by the royal family in the 15th century, and today it is used as a museum.
- Slotssøbadet: 26,3 km, 22 min. Pool, spa og wellness situated in Kolding.
- Skamlingsbanken: 36,4 km, 31 min. A nature reserve with nice view over Little Belt,
- Egeskov Castle: 72,6 km, 46 min.
Egeskov Castle is an impressive stately home, park and motor museum.
- Legoland: 58 km, 47 min. Theme park in the town of Billund the home of Lego.
- Fjord og Bælt center : 71,2 km, 51 min.
Here you can experience local marine life including the harbour porpoise and local grey seals
- Givskud Løvepark: 62,4 km, 40 min.